Saturday, November 8, 2008

Perks

This past Thursday, Sean and I flew to Quebec City in Canada for a conference for Sean's work. The conference took place during the days, so I spent the days touring the city with a nice couple of wives of his colleagues. It has been super cold here (at least compared to Texas), and a little foggy.

Quebec City is a beautiful city that has a rich history. According to Frommer's, it was the first "significant" settlement in Canada, and was founded 400 years ago in 1608. Because of its beauty, history, and uniqueness of being the only walled city north of Mexico, the historic district was named a UNESCO World Heritage Site - the only one in North America. The people are very gracious, and 95% are Francophone, or French-speaking, but fortunately many speak a little English.

We spent most of the days walking around inside the walls of this quaint old town, darting into coffee shops every couple of hours to warm up. I haven't taken too many pictures because of the conditions, but hope to fill the camera over the next couple of days. Here are some pics that I have taken, so far.







1 comment:

Tim said...

Both sets of pics look amazing. I can tell you're having a wonderful time and soaking n Quebec. You two are VERY photogenic, but then I might be a little prejudiced!
Janell