"The world changes when it snows. Everything softens. It gets quiet."
"When it snows, something inside me says, 'Hey, that's your present.' I don't think it will ever change." Lorelai Gilmore, one of the Gilmore Girls
Wednesday, December 10, 2008
IT'S SNOWING!
Today, December 10, 2008 is goin' down as one of my favorites. I have an unrealistic, but total infatuation for snow. Maybe because I grew up in Texas.... Today, as I watched beautiful, ginormous, fluffy snowflakes floating down a sky that smelled like fresh carbonated water, my inner snow bunny wanted to hippy hop around our yard and let out a high pitched squeal of absolute thrill! I just love snow - it is a special gift that for us Southerners, is extraordinary!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
Excellent quotes there...yes, I was channeling Lorelai too last night as the flurries were coming down! And excellent singing, Tara!! It's high time for yall to come to Austin together and stay. Enjoy your snow!
Was this Scoob's first encounter with snow? Also, look closely at the snowflakes on the rose bush. They look fake.
Technically, white stuff fell from the sky while we were in Georgia, but nothing accumulated on the ground for him to appreciate. So, I think this was the first real meeting. AND - those snowflakes were the REAL THING. My inner snow bunny is greatly offended ... just kidding.
I was just making the comment that they look like that perfect snowflake shape and I find that phenomenal. I am sorry that your inner snowbunny felt hurt. I apologize. And, I did not want to tell you guys this way, but we are expecting a girl in May.
What fun! We really enjoyed your (and Scooby's) snow experience...also the singing. You've hidden that talent from us!!!
I can't believe the snow in College Station! It looks beautiful.
Post a Comment